£32,000-£37,000 per annum
Finance and Accounting
We are working with a leading UK professional services firm who are looking to add an experienced accounting professional to their Belfast team.
The practice in Belfast is a processing hub that is responsible for their client’s back office financial functions as per each individual engagement letter in place. In partnership with teams in Milton Keynes, Newcastle, London and Reading, the Belfast team will complete all monthly ledger work booking of accruals and prepayments, fixed assets and completion of monthly management accounts.
The team is responsible for controlling bank accounts and bank reconciliations and in some cases making payments on behalf of the client or setting up the payment runs for their approval and release. They look after the entities VAT and EC Sales list returns as they are due. For some clients, they furnish their Accounting and Financial Reporting team with the information required to complete the statutory accounts for filing and review. It is expected for client relationships to be managed by every member of staff.
This position will be responsible for the delivery of services to the UK management team as well as to clients. The role will share principal client contact responsibilities and be responsible for developing a strong client relationship.
- Prepare accurate management accounts, adding value wherever possible (technical, problem solving).
- Schedule, supervise, and review work to ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to ensure compliance of Tax and Accounting policies and
- Ensure client deadlines & expectations are met or exceeded (client focus, managing self and others,
- High quality service provided to all clients (client focus, attention to detail/quality).
- Monitor the workloads of assistant team members and provide cover where necessary.
- Review work undertaken by the assistant team members, providing feedback and development objectives
- Assist in ensuring the performance of the team is controlled and monitored against set targets and
- Conduct an analytical review of the P&L, variance analysis and appropriate commentary.
- Take responsibility for all balance sheet and payroll reconciliations.
- VAT returns preparation, EC sales list, P11d’s and intra stat accounts preparation
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of all relevant CEAPS, engagement letters, under recovery forms and billing.
- Responsible for identifying early any out of scope/ change management requirements and ensuring these are properly documented
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the management accounts including entries instructed by the client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business
- Train and develop the team on an ongoing basis, identifying individuals’ strengths and development areas.
- Ensure the team is aware of its priorities and goals, and that team members are working together to achieve these.
- Assistance with providing tax team information to complete P11D’s/PSA
- Ensuring adherence to relevant client policies regarding approval for payment of requested items
The above are given as a guide to some of the key responsibilities, however you should have the ability to respond quickly and positively to future change and evolving objectives.
- Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Hands on Management Accounting experience on industry
- Familiarity with accounting/ERP systems e.g. SAP, Navision, Sage 200
- Ability to organize and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Effective use of IT, including Microsoft Office packages in particular Excel
- Ability to think logically and demonstrate problem solving skills