Competitive salary plus up to 30% bonus
Project Management and PMO
Our client is a leading global conglomerate with businesses across the globe within Retail, Real Estate Private Equity, Asset Management and more. They currently seek a Strategy professional to work as Assistant to the Group CEO, based in Amsterdam.
They are in the process of transforming their strategy, already employing experienced professionals across Legal, Finance, Strategy, HR, IT, Communications, and Tax, with a view to building and sustaining a healthy business portfolio over the long term. The head of each function is part of the CEO’s Operating Team (OT).
The Assistant to CEO Lead will work closely with the CEO and Operating Team, in order to support execution of strategic plans across the organization. You will partner with internal stakeholders at varying levels to serve as a key resource creating and shaping the operating team infrastructure, by structuring the team agenda to achieve results for the organizational pivot. In addition, you will help the CEO performance manage a varied portfolio of business units. This is a permanent position and after the initial 12 months role there will be the opportunity for an internal move upon successful completion of the assignment.
- Structure and lead the CEO and OT agenda for strategic operational change;
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the successful execution of the CEO’s & OT’s business objectives, and resolve & mitigate the problem/risk;
- Work alongside CEO in running the performance management (PM) cycle of four business units;
- Serve as liaison between various stakeholders and functions on project updates, emerging issues, and anything else of note;
- Research and validate initiatives that support the CEO’s strategy, with critical analytical capability, and synthesize information in organized report out;
- Structure OT meeting agenda, taking minutes, and determine follow up steps for agreed actions;
- Create and maintain dashboards for tracking performance against key organizational objectives to ensure on time progress is being made;
- Anticipate needs of the CEO for other internal and external meetings, and ensure CEO is prepared, provide updates, compile data, and create reports as needed; This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain hands-on experience in the inner workings of the company and help the new CEO, new operating team, and new strategy, take shape in an organization.
- Experience as a Consultant or Manager at a top global Strategy House
- Experience in or of the FS sector
- Bachelor’s degree from a globally ranked top tier university with an excellent academic record required, MBA or Master’s degree is highly preferred;
- 4-5 years minimum work experience required in a blue-chip, high paced environment in areas of strategy consulting, investment banking, internal strategy team or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills (including financial modelling, macros, VBA)
- Strong record of leadership experience in professional, academic or extracurricular setting